New Version of Serendipity (s9y) to WordPress Importer Available

There is a new version of the Serendipity importer available for WordPress. It can be downloaded at here. Note: The old location no longer works.

This version is a bugfix version addressing issues of unassociated comments and unassociated categories. This should be considered a beta release until I get more user feedback.

To use, upload

serendipity.php

to your WordPress blog in the

wp-admin/import

directory.

Comments

1. peanutsof80s says

Sounds like pure database connectivity issue. As mentioned that s9y and WP are hosted separately which I assumed they’re on separate networks where MySQL default TCP port 3306 is normally blocked on the perimeter.Remember, MySQL authentication requires this port (or any assigned non-standard MySQL port) to be opened to accept database connection. I hope this will help.

2. peanutsof80s says

3. CMB says

Any Idea’s????

Chris

4. CMB says

This worked for me but it only imported the the “body” field of the entries table, not the “extended” field (where all my content except the introductory paragraph is). Also it ignored the category ID on half the posts. (half the posts would up in the uncategorized category).Any Idea’s????Chris

5. CMB says

6. CMB says

7. CMB says

8. CMB says

9. CMB says

I guess I’ll change the poster names by hand.

Thanks a million for the VERY useful script. Saved me a lot of work!

CMB

10. CMB says

I had missed the code modification in item 13. When applied the whole post is imported. I guess I’ll change the poster names by hand.Thanks a million for the VERY useful script. Saved me a lot of work!CMB

11. CMB says

12. CMB says

13. CMB says

14. CMB says

Importing Users…

Please help?? :-)

I’ve tried to import, it imports the categories OK but then I click on Import Users and after a second or 2 it stops at:Steps may take a few minutes depending on the size of your database. Please be patient.Importing Users…Please help?? :-)

Worked really smoothly except that the entries didn’t go into their respective categories. But that’s okay. It’s still quicker than copying and pasting! :) Thanks!

Hi

Im getting this error when i get to importing the comment:

Importing Comments…

WordPress database error: [Table 'commune_s9y.wp_comments' doesn't exist]

Call Stack
    # Time Function Location
    1 2.0075 {main}( ) ../admin.php:0
    2 19.0969 call_user_func ( ??? ) ../admin.php:103
    3 19.0969 Serendipity_Import->dispatch( ) ../admin.php:0
    4 19.0977 Serendipity_Import->import_comments( ) ../serendipity.php:605
    5 19.1062 Serendipity_Import->comments2wp( ??? ) ../serendipity.php:492
    6 19.1118 find_comment_parent( ???, ??? ) ../serendipity.php:424

WordPress database error: [Table 'commune_s9y.wp_comments' doesn't exist]

Any ideas how i could hack the script to sort this out?

many thanks
    Edd

HiIm getting this error when i get to importing the comment:Importing Comments…WordPress database error: [Table 'commune_s9y.wp_comments' doesn't exist]SELECT comment_post_ID FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_author = ‘mule’ AND comment_date = ’2005-02-12 20:10:23′( ! ) Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/pwn.no-ip.org/wordpress/wp-admin/import/serendipity.php on line 51Call Stack# Time Function Location1 2.0075 {main}( ) ../admin.php:02 19.0969 call_user_func ( ??? ) ../admin.php:1033 19.0969 Serendipity_Import->dispatch( ) ../admin.php:04 19.0977 Serendipity_Import->import_comments( ) ../serendipity.php:6055 19.1062 Serendipity_Import->comments2wp( ??? ) ../serendipity.php:4926 19.1118 find_comment_parent( ???, ??? ) ../serendipity.php:424WordPress database error: [Table 'commune_s9y.wp_comments' doesn't exist]INSERT INTO wp_comments (comment_post_ID, comment_author, comment_author_email, comment_author_url, comment_author_IP, comment_date, comment_date_gmt, comment_content, comment_approved, comment_agent, comment_type, comment_parent, user_id) VALUES (”, ‘****’, ‘****@yahoo.co.uk’, ”, ’62.252.0.11′, ’2005-02-12 20:10:23′, ’2005-02-12 20:10:23′, ‘*****’, ’1′, ”, ”, ’0′, ’0′)It seems odd that its trying to select comments from s9y_db.wp_comments which is the wordpress table but in the s9y db?!Any ideas how i could hack the script to sort this out?many thanksEdd