This morning the keynote with Howard Lindzon he talked about his sale to CBS for a reported $5 million dollars.
Here are some of his opinions about the show:
– motivation to build the show – everything out there sucked.
– what his end goal was – to sell the show
– about interviewing over 600 people to eventually find Lindsey – very boring until she came along
– approaching advertisers – most are just testing the waters and he was making stuff up as he went along. Eventually, there were numbers to have a discussion about but he was still throwing numbers out there for advertising costs.
– on the sale – throwing the numbers out there and the negotiation was the best part for him.
– do you think people can make a living doing this? No, unless you really niche and target and understand who would benefit from it.
– it is all about the editing – you can go out and shoot wacky content but if it is not cut right, it will suck.
and finally, product placement and creative stuff integrated into the show has better impact that stupid 30 second spots.