Consolidation in the Blogosphere

I think we need to see a consolidation of content and advertising.

Everyone’s competing with each other because they don’t know how to give up their individual voice. What happens is we get a clamor for top Techmeme billing.

Instead, I’d like to see more federations of blogs, where content producers work hand in hand to protect the turf of the others while helping to funnel content opportunities to the best source for coverage within that federation. In the advertising arena, five sites at 150k pageviews each can’t get direct-sale advertising by themselves, but as a 750k pageview federation, the tide turns.

We need more consolidation. It’s survival of the fittest.

Comments

Steven, I presume. :)Yeah I need to do a followup vid this morning going the issue a little deeper and clarifying some of the things I said yesterday.Good to have you stop by.