Consumer Confidence Building Exercise for Black Friday

In the comments below, please itemize what you bought today for Christmas. Comments will remain open until Monday and, although I’d like you to identify yourself, I also don’t want to give Christmas or other Holiday gifts away… so feel free to be anonymous. Just be honest and open. Tell us what you bought, and how much it cost.
216334845_821aaf4823_o
Photo by jpockele

Comments

13″ MacBook 2.4 ghz w/4 gig memory – purchased to replace a very old, slow PowerBook. Sounds like a “fun” purchase, but really done because 1) Apple has a one day sale, 2) new machine is really needed, 3) Intel-based machine is really needed, 4) purchase before end of the year benefits us tax-wise for office equipment. Excited about it and sick at the same time.

All holiday purchases this year are very carefully thought out. We’re spending much more frugally this year overall.

this morning i bought (wii) guitar hero world tour for $59.99, (wii) boom blox for $20 & a kodak digital photo frame for $59.99 at the alexandria target. was in and out within about 20 minutes and got everything i was going there for.

2 RT tickets to Chicago to watch Hubby graduate from boot camp – $400
    1 motor for a forced air heater – $700
    4 new tires to replace bald tires on Equinox – $435
    2 front brakes for same Equinox – $300
    4 brakes for Isuzu Trooper $600
    Now I need to concentrate on something for Munchkin.
    Merry Christmas!

Nothing – nada! Don’t participate in any of the ‘herd mentality’. All Christmas purchases will be made online – had hoped to have them done by now but plenty of time left.

In the wee hours of the morning, I bought 2GB of RAM on the cheap from TigerDirect.com. Then I slept until nearly 4:00 p.m.

That’s the closest I’ve ever come to participating in the Black Friday madness. I’ve never been out shopping on Black Friday, and I’m not sure if I ever care to–unless I’m armed with a video camera with which to document the ridiculousness of it all.

Does donating 10 euro to CyberDuck count? I was sort of unofficially participating in #bnd, though I’m sure if I hadn’t had to work, it would have been a different story.