In just over 36 hours, I’ll be boarding a flight to Austin, TX. This will be my second trip to SXSW – last year was a mixed bag for me but then the whole trip started out on a bad note and it through the rest of the week into a funk. This year, I’m anticipating better results and a better time.
Meanwhile, I’ve asked Shana Glickfield and Chris Parandian to guest post here while I’m gone. You’ll get sporadic posts from me as well.
Shana is better known as the DC Concierge and is an absolute genius when it comes to “things to do in DC”. Chris is the CEO of MobileDiner, a DC-based company working in the mobile space, particularly as it comes to introducing new mobile technologies to enterprise business.
Neither of these folks have been instructed as to what to write. I leave it up to them. Maybe a fresh perspective or topic might be a healthy little distraction for a week. Also, if you’re from DC and making the pilgrimage to Austin this week, make sure you come out the the bloggers lounge on Tueday at 3pm CST to the live recording of District of Corruption. It will be the live from Austin open-mic edition and we want to talk to you on the air.
Thanks again Shana and Chris for filling in for me while I’m gone.
Photo Credits: Photo of Shana provided by Shana; Photo of Chris via Jonny Goldstein
I have never traveled in my life as much as I have this past year. I have taken 12 trips and I think I’m done for the year – though I do think I may need a Toronto trip before Christmas. At any rate, I can look back at various trips and point to them as memorable for one reason or another. So, I present to you the 2007 Travel Awards. These awards are only for my own trips but I’d love to hear about your trips as well.
- Longest Trip: Toronto, 9 days, May 26-June 3. This trip encompassed Mesh Conference as well as b5 business in Toronto
- Shortest Trip: 1 Day (overnight), Toronto, Aug 23-24
- Most Enjoyable Trip: Gnomedex 7
- Least Enjoyable Trip: SXSW ’07 – The Hampton Inn was the beginning of a bad bad trip
- Trip I least wanted to go on that I enjoyed the most: PodCamp Philly
- Trip I most wanted to go on that I enjoyed the least: PodCamp Boston 2
- Best Networking Event: Blog World Expo
- Most drunken event: San Francisco, January 2007
- Most Expensive Trip: Blog World Expo, Las Vegas
Did you travel at all this year? What are your awards?
I”ve had a few people ask so I figured I’d answer here. Yes, I am going to be in Toronto for Mesh next week. Actually, I’m around all week. I get into town Saturday morning and return to Baltimore on Friday, June 1.
Really looking to line some meetings up while I’m in TO, so ping me if you’re interested. At this point, Monday looks to be my most wide-open evening.