Yesterday, I released the WP-Twitterpitch plugin which has already gotten a few good writeups. The response is moderate. Some people don’t want pitches in their direct message box. Others think that TwitPitches should follow the Stowe Boyd model of public pitches. Still others could see the plugin being used as a contact form.
Sure. Yes, yes and yes. The application of the plugin is completely subjective so get creative with it! :)
As a sidenote, I’ve gotten a handful of “pitches” so far. Only one real pitch. Everyone else is kicking the tires – which is fun. I like getting anonymous tweets to my direct message box.
In the word
s of Instapundit… heh.
Examples of such entertainment include:
- You should only post about Erin, Queen of Spain, forever. Why? Um…’cause she said so. I think I need this. stupid PR can pitch me here
- Hey Aaron, great idea. Much better than the tons of spam we’re now gettting via the technosailor tips hotline. Congrats! Editorial Note: this person must be a technosailor.com writer getting general emails to the email@example.com – we like real tips, not spam, by the way.
- Sorry, just testing your plugin.
- So does this go direct to you as a dm or something? Cool.
- Hello God! Editorial Note: this one is my favorite.
Good times. I imagine real pitching will happen over time and I’ll suffer the anonymous stuff for awhile. :-)